Castor Health Institute
"Where you can make your healthcare path to become a healthcare hero"
CASTOR HEALTH INSTITUTE is part of Castor group of companies (Castor Home Nursing and Castor Medical Supplies) serving in Northern Illinois. Castor has proudly built a legacy by bringing the industry leader, Bobi Jo Majeski's Lifetime of Caring Training Center as part of Castor Health Institute to serve in Sterling IL. The school employs highly qualified instructors that excel in their own fields. Our mission is to prepare students so that they are ready to practice in their chosen career after the completion of the training and exam. We offer job preparation, placement assistance, and free sessions to prepare for the state competency exam. Castor strives to have a family atmosphere to provide support and guidance needed from a qualified individual. We recognize the importance of constant quality evaluation in order to serve the students better.
- Mission: Our mission is to deliver, enhance, and convey a state of the art hands-on education to empower individuals with skills, knowledge, practical training and experience needed for a successful career in the growing and rewarding healthcare field.
The Mission and Goals of Castor Health Institute includes:
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
* Outline basic physical, emotional and psychosocial aspects of an elderly client
* Demonstrate caring, supportive, and safe care of clients
* Define the scope of practice of a nurse aide and how they are an important part of the health care team
* Practice non-specialized tasks (basic nurse aide skills) related to the personal care and comfort of residents, including activities of daily living.
* Demonstrate effective, professional communication with faculty, clients and health care members
- Objectives: Our objective is to maintain high standards by recognizing and attending to the various needs of students while providing optimum intellectual, emotional, social, and physical challenge and development. The institute seeks to install in its students the concept that education carries with it an obligation to self, family, and community, and encourages each student to become a compassionate and productive member of society
The goals and objectives pertain directly to the following areas:* introduction to the Health Care System
* Introduction to the Patient
* Working Environment
* Lifting,Moving and Transporting Patients
* The Patients's Unit
* Basic Anatomy
* Personal Care of the Patient
* Nutrition/Fluid Balance
* Observation and Recording Vital Signs
* Supportive Care
* Fundamentals of rehabilitation
* Patient Care Planning
* The Patient in Isolation
* Care of the terminally ill patient
* Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementia
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Clinical Sessions: will involve demonstrations, skills practice, observation, hands on client care experiences, working with facility staff and clinical instructors.
Clinical ObjectivesUpon completion of the clinical sessions, the student will be able to: * Work cooperatively with other nursing and health care professionals
* Follow facility procedures related to student/nurse aide scope of practice
* Convey respect for staff, patients, fellow students and instructors
* Preserve and protect client's autonomy, dignity, and rights
* Take the initiative to seek out learning experiences
* be self directed in utilizing time and setting priorities
* Proficiently perform nursing care or tasks
- Flexibility: Castor understands the needs for the students to attend the class while they work or with other personal commitments
Castor Health Institute located in Sterling, IL offers comprehensive healthcare training programs consisting of classroom instruction, lab practice, and an industry externship in order to provide hybrid instruction with real-life application.
Castor maintains an active placement service to assist students in locating career oppurtunities in the related field. Placement advisement is provided to all our Institute graduates without additional cost.
The continued success of Castor Health Institute is mirrored in the success of our graduates. Our goal is to provide the necessary tools for students to acquire gainful employment in the field of study. We understand that you constantly need qualified candidates working in Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Doctor's Office, Home Health Agencies, and healthcare facilities throughout IL. Our institute can customize the schedule to meet your needs to provide special training or help you to find the qualified and motivated professionals for your sucess.
Castor Health Institute is approved and licensed to operate and conduct vocational training by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE). Castor Health Institute is not accreditated by a US Department of Education recogonized accreditation body..
For IBHE Online Complaint System, visit IBHE Complaint System
Castor Health Institute is approved to conduct Basic Nurse Assistant Training program by the Illinois Department of Public Health
What we have achieved so far
Castor Formerly known as Lifetime Care achieved so far
Lectures and Labs
Castor Health Institute offers the Nurse Aid Training Certification (aka) Basic Nursing Assitant Training Program CNA. Enrollment for October 1st, 2021 enrollment period will open soon. Call us to enroll. Current October 2020 Session is in progress.
* 40 Students who were admitted in the program as of 7/1/2018-6/30/2019 reporting
• 40 new starts to the Lifetime of Caring Training CNA Program during the 12- month reporting period of 2018.
• 40 students enrolled in the program during the 12-month reporting period and 40 students completed the Lifetime of Caring Training CNA Program.
• 40 students enrolled in the Lifetime of Caring Training CNA Program were placed in their field of study
• 40 students enrolled in Lifetime of Caring Training CNA Program took a state licensing exam and 40 passed the state exam during the 12-month reporting period of 2018.
• 40 of the graduates obtained employment in the field.
• The average salary for all school graduates is $12.50/hr.
REPORTING STUDENT COMPLAINTS
ILLINOIS BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION
1 N. OLD STATE CAPITAL PLAZA, SUITE 333
SPRINGFIELD, IL. 62701
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Randy Carey-Walden RN, MSN, PSA
525 WEST JEFFERSON ST. 4TH FLOOR
SPRINGFIELD, IL. 62761
TUTION FEE FOR 2020 CNA PROGRAM
• TUITION FEE: $1200
• TEXTBOOK INCLUDED IN TUITION
• BACKGROUND CHECK $39.50
• STATE EXAM FEE $75
• TOTAL COST FOR NURSE AIDE TRAINING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM $1314.50
The local community welcomes Castor to bring the CNA Program to support the local community. Especially Bobi Jo's sessions are well received in the CNA community and continuing the legacy through Castor, it helps even more..."
We are excited to know that Castor is opening a CNA programs in Sterling.
Long term Facility
This would certainly local facility to meet the demand of CNAs needs in future.
This is an excellent initiaitve from Castor to provide the quality traning and create a job oppunutity to the local resources
Local News company
We are excited to see Castor opening up CNA school in Sterling area. This is one of the great initiative from Castor!
For upcoming schedules, programs and other course related information, contact us
417 E 3rd St, Suite B
Sterling, IL 61081